This British BerkefeldŽ ceramic candle water filter unit that you own is ready for immediate use in Disaster
Simply pour unfiltered rain water, or water from
puddles, into the top chamber, and, drink from the filtered
water collected in the lower chamber.
This DoultonŽ Ultracarb ceramic candle water filter unit that you own can immediately be adapted
for emergency usage in disaster
- Take out Arkwater.com's DoultonŽ Ultracarb Ceramic Candle
element from inside the housing.
- Secure the white water tubing to the black outlet
of Arkwater.com's DoultonŽ Ultracarb Ceramic Candle.
- Put Arkwater.com's DoultonŽ Ultracarb Ceramic Candle into
a pail or any makeshift container filled with rain
water, or water from puddles, rivers, cisterns.
Be careful that unfiltered water does
not enter the black outlet leading to the inside
of the ceramic candle.
- Place this container of unfiltered water on
a high stool or table or tree-stump.
- Lead the other end of the white water tubing
into another clean container, jug or cooking pot.
- Place the clean container at floor level.
- The water will filter through by siphonic action, from outside the filter, to inside the
filter, exiting the black outlet, then through
the white tubing, and down to the lower container.
- In an emergency/disaster, without any electricity
or water pressure, you can expect the flow rate
to be about 1 litre per hour, for a properly
candle. Your Ultracarb
candle will remove harmful
bacteria, water-borne cysts, chlorine,
dissolved chemicals, pesticides and fungicides,
as well as dissolved metals.